The Advantage and Disadvantage Of Being A Medical PhysicianDefault
The Advantage and Disadvantage Of Being A Medical Physician
A medical physician is a doctor who is qualified to diagnose, provide treatment, provide medication to patients and even perform surgery on patients if they are required to. If you are interested in becoming a medical physician in the future, continue reading this article as we weigh the pros and cons of being a medical physician.
- Cure patients and save lives – Becoming a medical physician can be satisfying for you, as you are out there saving lives of people by curing them either surgery or medical prescription.
- Positive impact on patients – Similar to the point above, one good thing about becoming a medical physician is that you will get to change the lives of many patients positively. For example, you can cure someone who is experiencing a bad stomach ache. Or, you can save someone’s life from life-threatening injuries. With their hands in your care, you are bound to be a superhero in their eyes.
- Job Relevancy – By being a medical doctor, you do not have to worry about your job being made redundant as a doctor is one of the most important jobs in the world. You will get to progress with technology as updated technology will be implemented in the medical field to treat patients. With that, your job is locked tight and secure
- Attractive salary – Being a medical physician is not easy. It comes with years of hard work, discipline, and dedication. That’s why being a doctor pays well. By being a doctor, you will get to earn an attractive salary for your time, experience, and knowledge. However, it is to note that money should be the last of your priority list for becoming a doctor.
- Expensive school fees – It is to note that medical schools are not cheap. Do not treat this as a barrier preventing you from being a licensed medical doctor. However, treat this as a motivation for you to graduate from medical school. Work hard enough by getting a scholarship to reduce the financial burden of the high medical school fees.
- Sacrifice – By being a medical physician, you need to sacrifice your freedom as you are on duty for any emergencies. As a doctor, you will also have to work long hours (Depending on the situation), on holidays, and even miss out on social events.
- Strict rules and regulations – As a doctor, you have to comply with the rules and regulations. For example, you need to comply with confidentiality laws and maintain medical records.
It is not easy being a doctor. You have to be skilled and extremely disciplined in order to be a qualified doctor that people will put their trust in you. Besides that, you also have to be very patient with some of the patients as some of them can be headstrong. At the end of the day, it comes down to the individual if they have what it takes to be a doctor.
If studying medicine is your forte, you can check out academy of family physician Malaysia
Written by Ammar Danish